Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Today...

Today at Iwai West (my Wednesday school) was marathon day. I was asked if I wanted to join (a while ago, not just today!) and I said yes. The boys ran 8k (almost 5 miles) and the girls ran 6k (between 3 and a half and 4 miles). I joined the girls.

It was rainy today and a bit cold. After putting on a tank top, an Under Armor T-shirt, and an Under Armor long sleeve shirt, I decided that I would still be way too cold. So I looked through what I have for running outside in the cold....nothing. I have no sweatshirts. I decided to put on my red cashmere sweater! It was the only thing I have that matched what I was wearing. I did the whole thing in my sweater!

I ran and walked. I am not sure how much I ran and how much I walked, but I would say I ran 30% to 40% of it and walked the rest. I wanted to run more, but after a while my feet got numb (I don't know why, they weren't cold) and I couldn't feel them. I decided it would be better to just walk when I couldn't feel my feet. One of my students later told me her feet got numb too. I think my shoes weren't on properly. I also kept a really good pace too. I think that is important in running. I am a slow runner, but I keep the same pace, even when I stop to walk.

I am happy to say, even with walking, I completed it in under an hour! It was super fun. I am happy I did it. The students were too. I think they will respect me more now.

No comments: