Monday, September 29, 2008

One year ago


I got to thinking today that one year ago I was in Africa.  Surprisingly, I miss it a lot.  I know life there was hard, but for the most part it was ok.  I feel like my whole world fell apart in Africa.  I am not the same person I was a year ago.  The world has kicked me around a bit and I am still recovering.  I have lost many things in the past year, including my faith, my hopes, my dreams and many of my closest relationships.  I am not sure if I will get any of them back, ever :(  I am fighting for it though, and I think coming back to Japan was a good idea.  I hope I can heal here.

I am attaching a picture I took in Africa.  It is the view from the house I was supposed to live in.  I didn't take any pictures of the village or the actual house because I didn't want to remember how I felt or what was going on around me at that time.  I don't have a hard time looking at this picture though.  

So now there is a new group of volunteers in Ghana, in training while I write this.  Please pray that they won't send another person to the village I was at, I don't want what happened to me to happen to someone else.  However, if they do please pray it will be a male and they have a different supervisor assigned to him.  Thank you.

No comments: