Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spoiled Chloe


So, I went home from school early today and I was delighted to see the elementary students walking home from school. Their school is right down the block from me. I was even more delighted to see Chloe running to me when I parked. I thought, wouldn't it be fun if I walked to the street with Chloe and talked to the students with her? I mean, no I don't speak Japanese and they don't speak English, but Chloe would be a good buffer for that. Some of these young students have never seen a foreigner before, so I wanted to try.

Big mistake! Chloe was not down for it at all. She wouldn't come close to the street. I heard students talking about her, but that is it. I guess I don't blame her, she knows the road is dangerous and I am happy she stays away from it. But I was with her, so she would have been ok. Luckily, one of the students cut through my parking lot. I picked up Chloe and the student pet her. It was nice. Right when I put her down, she ran up to my house because all she wanted to do was eat! Spoiled Chloe! She must have forgotten the days she was a dumpster kitty.

No comments: