Tuesday, June 29, 2010

China 2010

Hey everyone, sorry for the long time between posts. I haven't really been up to much. Well, that isn't true. I went to China again. This time it was much more of a chill relaxing trip, verses a sightseeing trip. I had fun though! I went to the World Expo in Shanghai. I can't really explain what it is, I guess it is the modern version of the Worlds Fair? I didn't get the chance to go inside any of the pavilions. The lines were over three hours long, and the Chinese have a different concept of space (basically they have no space bubble, so I was always having people cut in front of me because they thought I was letting them go through, but really I was trying to establish some sort of space bubble!). So I just walked around and took photos. I was so tired though, I didn't even see all of them (including America's, sorry!). Everyone said hands down the best pavilion was from the UK.
Basically it is a big spiky building. I heard it lights up at night! So cool!



Back in Qingdao I had a good time with Corey. I didn't really take too many photos, but we went on a hike to this reservoir where they get the water for the famous Tsingtao beer. While resting there a nice family came to talk to me. The little boy told me his English name is Lucky Boy! I wonder if that is what the characters for his name mean?


I finally got a good view of the buildings in Shanghai. Last time the pollution was so bad.




In Beijing I didn't really do much. I did go the Summer Palace. It was burned by the French and the British in the late 1800's I think, but it has been restored. It was built for the royal family to escape the heat of Beijing. But actually it isn't far from Beijing at all (I took the metro to get there!) and I didn't think it was that much cooler.


All and all my trip to China was very good. I can't wait to go back.


No comments: