Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Graduation



All of my high schools recently had their graduations. The school year in Japan is April through March. I went to Iwai High School's ceremony, as it is my base school. I really didn't take too many pictures during the TWO HOUR ceremony (sorry), but here are some highlights.

1. All the students from the other classes have to come to the ceremony.
2. The brass band played Amazing Grace as the third year students walked in. I don't have the heart tell them that we play that song at funerals.
3. The female third year teachers were special graduation kimono's. They looked nice.
4. My upstairs neighbor is a third year (graduation class) teacher. She was holding back tears as she led her former students out of the gym. She is young, so this is probably her first class to graduate. Homeroom teachers are with their classes the whole time they are in high school.
5. Watching the parents of the graduation class nod off during all the speeches. priceless!

Here is a picture of the class (with the parents) and the brass band.

No comments: