Sunday, July 27, 2008

I made it...

I made it to Tokyo!  I was a little nervous on the plane, but once I got off I felt like I was home again.  I am staying at this really nice hotel.  The website is here is http://www.keioplaza.com/index.html it is a really nice place.  I forgot how nice the Japanese are.  They are really organized too.  I read in our orientation booklet that there are about 4,700 of us coming.  We are from all over the world; mostly the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, France (don't ask me why, I don't know), New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Jamaica, and maybe a few here and there from various places in Europe.  This hotel is hosting all of us.  I got off the bus and went upstairs.  They handed me my name tag, gave me all the booklets I will need for the next few days, gave me my room key and already had my luggage waiting for me.  The Japanese are amazing!  Plus they are doing this for thousands of us.  Actually I think only half of us are here right now and the other half are coming next week, but still that is quite a task to take on.   Anyway, it is good to be back!

No comments: