Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Election

So, I have been some what following the Election this year.  It is different to follow it from a different country.  Japanese people, even students flat out ask me who I am voting for.  Most Japanese want Obama to win.  I know it might be strange to you that the Japanese are so interested in our campaign, but there is a reason for it.  I read an article a while ago that said that most of the world is watching our election because it gives them hope.  Many countries are going through a tough time right now (like we are) and they see our election as a chance for good times to come.  I am not going to tell you who to vote for, and for those of you who know me well, you know who I am picking.  I am just asking you to remember that when you vote in November you are not just voting for our country, you are voting for the hope of other countries as well.  

So, I see that the largest ever viewing audience watched the Vice President debate.  I didn't get a chance to see it, but from what I heard there wasn't really any good jabbs at one another.  That's too bad.  I did some research and the best debate was in 1988 with Dan Quayle and Lloyd Bensten.  If those of you who don't remember, here is the video link.  I found it very amusing!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7gpgXNWYI
 If link doesn't work just go to youtube and type in Dan Quayle.

No comments: