Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good Day!

Today was such a good day. I went to my favorite school and after only have two classes, I chatted with one of the teachers for a long time. She likes to visit with me. She is really cool. She is in the process of remodeling her house because she said she wants it handicap accessible for her and her husband as they grow older. Smart! She said after it is finished, she wants me to come over. Then another teacher came to me and asked if I had time during sixth period, we were going to have tea. If I have time, I had been chatting all day. Anyway, of course I said yes. I didn't really know what was going on today because all the classes were shorter than usual. I just thought the teachers were all going to have tea to celebrate something. So I went with him during sixth period, but on the way he stopped and grabbed his guitar. I thought it was a little strange, but I didn't say anything. Then we went to the library. The librarian was making hot cocoa and had laid out snacks for us. It turns out, he just planned the time for us! The three of us sat and drank cocoa and ate our snacks. Once in a while the teacher played guitar. I had to stop myself from laughing. Don't get me wrong, he is good. But lets face it, a Japanese guy singing Country Roads, Take Me Home is funny, right? It's little things like this is why I like it here.

No comments: