Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No car, yet :(

I was supposed to get my car today, but it didn't happen.  The girl I am buying it from lives in Chiba (next to Tokyo) but is moving to Tokyo.  It is too expensive to have a car there, so she is selling it.  It is a 1994 Toyota Rav4.  It is dark blue and has 4WD.  I am so excited about it.  Everyone keeps commenting on what a nice car it is.  I am getting it for a good price too.  The taxes on it are paid through May and the shakken (expensive emissions check) is not due until June.  All in all I am think I am getting a really good deal.

Nothing else is new.  My life is pretty boring.  The kids are on summer break, so I have NOTHING to do until September.  In fact, my supervisor told me I can take vacation!  I get 20 a year, but I am not sure if  I want to take any now.  Maybe a Monday or a Friday.  My predecessor, Fil, told me JETs often use vacation around 3 or 4 day weekends.  He said sometimes they take small trips around Japan, or even neighboring countries.  I think that sounds really fun!  After this break the next big one is around the New Year.  Then in March, then in May, then August again.  However, like I said above there are many holiday weekends.  I guess I should carefully plan my vacation.  I signed up to be a part of a JET group that travels during school breaks to countries and helps in orphanage and schools.  They go to Thailand and India.  I am extremely interested in that.  

More when I get my car.

No comments: